Research Days 2017 (April 5) - An Invitation for GW SPH Students and Faculty to Showcase their Work!
It’s not too early to prepare a submission to this annual event which is dedicated to highlighting the breadth of research and discovery on issues of major disciplinary, multidisciplinary, and global significance being done at GW through poster sessions, presentations, and guest speakers. Faculty and staff are encouraged to attend this showcase!
*Preliminary judging may occur based on submitted abstracts.
For full-time GW SPH students, the SPH will offer vouchers for poster printing and students will be eligible to receive the following awards:
The SPH Research Day 2017 Award categories are:
- Judges Choice Marvin Center Poster: Projects deemed as the most outstanding research at each level based on scoring of required criteria. This award will include one from: Undergraduate ($200), Masters ($300), and Doctoral ($400) candidates.
- Judges Choice Video Submission: Projects deemed as the most outstanding research at each level based on scoring of required criteria. One award ($300).
- Community Engagement: Awarded by judges to the project meeting the required criteria and focused on research or evaluation with a collaborative and community-based perspective meeting one of the following scenarios, 1) the community was a partner in the project, 2) the community was involved and enhanced in a meaningful way due to the work, or 3) the project demonstrated commitment to improving the culture of health in a community. One award ($250).
- Policy and Practice Impact Award: Awarded by judges to the project meeting the required criteria and demonstrating research or evaluation that has influenced or potentially will influence public health policy or practice at the community or local level. One award ($250).
- *People’s Choice: Awarded by attendees on Research Day for projects receiving the most votes. Link to voting will be provided at Marvin Center on April 5 during poster presentations from 1:00 – 3:00 pm. One award ($150).
*Eligible SPH students may earn one Professional Enhancement credit hour for casting their vote: People’s Choice.
*Eligible candidates must be currently enrolled.