This event is perfect for students who may know they want to study public health, but are unsure which concentration is right for them as well as those who know exactly what they want to do but want to learn how to take the next step
Five Reasons to Attend the GWSPH Open House on November 17, 2016
Don’t miss the opportunity to visit the school for our last visit day on campus this fall! After speaking with students who attended our other open house, we identified five reasons it’s beneficial for you to attend on November 17:
1. Meet your future professors. You will not only have the opportunity to hear from them in a small presentation setting, but you will have time to chat with them one-on-one about your area of interest at the conclusion of the evening.
2. Meet students. Students from our six departments will be joining us for the night to give an inside perspective into being a Colonial. Ask them about their classes, their practicum experience and professors. You can also chat with them about living in DC, what it's like to find an apartment and the best places to grab dinner. Anything you need to know, they will tell you from the perspective of living it each day!
3. If you know you want public health, but don’t know which department or concentration, this event will help you. A faculty member from each department will give a quick overview of career opportunities, practicum spots, and the benefits of our location. After this 30-minute session, you will have a better idea of which degree program aligns with your personal and professional goals.
4. Check out our building, and see what it would be like to be a student here. You'll see students studying in brightly colored couches overlooking Washington Circle, classes flowing in and out--it's a great time to see the Milken Institute School of Public Health in action.
5. Find out what it takes to be admitted into our programs. You will get the inside viewpoint of admissions. Our team will talk you through the application process, financial aid and help you set a timeline for the next year.
We hope to see you there!
Wednesday, November 17 | 5 - 7 pm
950 New Hampshire Ave., NW
Washington, DC 20052
If you can’t make it at that time, keep in touch and we will schedule a visit just for you. We can always be reached via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.